- Sewing Machine
- Quality pair of scissors for cutting fabric only
- Scissors for cutting paper/trim etc.
- Measuring tape
- Pins/pin cushion
- Assorted needles (hand/machine)
- Small magnet for retrieving dropped pins
- Quick unpick
- Assorted sewing threads
- Pack(s) of assorted machine/hand needles
- Tailors chalk (for marking fabric)
- Yardstick/meter rule
I personally prefer and own single-size forms simply because sewing is more than just a hobby for me. However, for individuals who sew for a hobby the adjustable dress form may be a better value. Still, the ultimate decision as to which type to invest in depends on individual sewing needs and finances.
Purchasing a dress form just like most things requires a bit of shopping around. The internet has made comparing products and price tags easy, and customer reviews can be helpful when making the ultimate decision........"To buy or not to buy."
Garage/yard sales, and thrift stores are also good places to shop for dress forms (used).